two-component, chemical resistant
EPIMAL 200 is a two component water based epoxy coating designed for surfaces vulnerable to damage and dirt (requiring often washing ) in public buildings (schools, offices, railway stations ), health care facilities, restaurants, hotel lobbies, garages, car washes, corridors and staircases and surfaces exposed to frequent contact with aggressive chemicals, such as floor production halls and warehouses, wholesalers, including the food industry (breweries, distilleries, bakeries, dairies, butchers, abattoirs, processing, bottling ). It is recommended for painting of concrete surfaces (such as flooring, concrete structures, fences, patios, pillars, spans ) and steel surfaces, either directly or after priming with epoxy primer. It can also be used for other building materials such as : plaster, brick, wood and wood-based materials (to a limited extent).
EPIMAL 200 results in a stable, water resistant coating substantially resistant to the chemical agents ( mild acids, alkalis, salts, oils, greases, fuels, solvents, detergents, etc. ). Soiled surface of the paint can be washed under pressure using detergents and disinfectants.
The product has PZH clearance, permitting the coating to have direct contact with food:
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages with an alcohol content of less than 5% and a pH higher than 4.5: water, cider, fruit juices, vegetable juices, natural and concentrated, musts, fruit nectars, lemonades and mineral waters, syrups, bitters, infusions, coffee, tea, beer,
- Dry products: cereals, cereal products (flour, starches, cereal, pasta),
- confectionery fat on the surface (biscuits, pretzels)
- sugar and derived products: honey, molasses, syrups,
- whole, fresh and chilled fruit and vegetables,
- fruit and vegetable with a pH> 4.5, shelled and dried nuts,
- dairy products.
It contains an aqueous dispersion of an epoxy resin, solid pigments, specially selected, chemical resistant mineral and synthetic fillers and modifying agents. An aqueous solution of the polyamine epoxy adduct is used as the hardener.
Surface preparation and application:
The paint is ready for use, only when the mixture thicken, up to 5% of tap water can be added ( water has to be added after the paint is mixed with a hardener ). Under no circumstances should you add chalk, lime, dry glue, emulsion paints or otherwise modify its composition.
The substrate should be frost-free, sound, clean, free of laitance, grease stains and dust. Remove dust and grease (especially traces of oil and grease ) and clean off moss and lichen from the surface to be renewed. Old peeling paint and cracked coatings must be removed. Fresh cement-lime plaster and concrete surfaces can be painted no earlier than 4 weeks after application. Smooth surfaces are roughened with sandpaper. Remove corrosion from steel surfaces,. Fill holes and cracks: indoor - with acrylic filler or plaster; on the exterior and for floor renovation – use cement mortar. Offset the imbalance that could cause the formation of puddles. Inconsistent or absorbent substrate must be primed with an epoxy preparation, which will significantly improve the durability of the cover and will prevent flaking of the coating (do not use a primer of another kind, such as acrylic ! ).
Preparation of paint. After adding the hardener to the paint stir the mixture for 5 minutes. To ensure even distribution of ingredients mixed content is to be transferred into a clean container. After remixing leave the paint for 30 minutes, covered, then after mixing the paint is ready. The paint should be used within 2 hours of that time. Ventilate the room before commissioning until the odor disappears.
Non-slip surfaces; In order to produce a non-slip surface, immediately after the first coat of paint, sprinkledried quartz sand with 0.1-0.3 mmgranulation, in an amount of about 15-30 g/m2. After binding loose sand residue should be carefully removed. Apply a second layer, taking care not to cover the sand completely.
Sanitary recommendations for food products: Before commissioning the surfaces intended for direct contact with food and feed should be left (seasoned) for 7 days at 20 ° C. For lower surface temperatures and air, time should be extended. After this time, the surfaces are to be washed off three times with water at 70 ° C, preferably under a slight pressure. After drying, the surfaces are suitable for use.
Observe the usual precautions as when working with other aqueous varnish products. Protect eyes and skin surface from direct contact with the paint. In case of contact wash with soap and water, change soiled clothes. Rins eyes immediately with plenty of running water for at least 20 minutes. If irritation develops, consult a doctor. Detailed information on the safety of the product are contained in the Safety Data Sheet.
Notes: Thoroughly mix with the hardener before use.. Do not change the recommended ratio of paint to hardener. This can result in a significant reduction in the hardness of the coating. Do not paint outdoors during strong sunshine and rain. Do not paint wet and heated surfaces, such as in direct sunlight. The surface must be thoroughly cleaned. Particular attention should be paid to degreasing. Protect the fresh coat of paint from sunlight and rain until it is completely dry. Failure to do this may result in flaking paint and void the warranty. Protect from freezing. Humidity of cement screeds must not exceed 4%. The peel strength of the concrete should be at least 1.5 N/mm2 (1.5 MPa). Protect from moisture during the drying phase. Relative humidity for a minimum of 2 hours after application of the paint may not exceed 85 %. Avoid moisture from the substrate layer.
- colors: white, light gray ( ~ RAL 7035), medium gray ( ~ RAL 7004 ), sand (~ RAL 1015), yellow (~ RAL 1018), dark yellow (~ RAL 1006), red (~ RAL 3000 ), oxide red (~ RAL 3009 ), green ( ~ RAL 6002 ) walnut (~ RAL 1011 ), brown ( ~ RAL 8017 ), blue (~ RAL 5012 ), black ( other colors upon request, by prior arrangement )
- paint with a roller, brush or spray,
- airless spray : dia. 0,28-0,38 mm nozzle, pressure. 120-200 bar at the nozzle,
- Recommended proportion: 4.5 L and 0.5 L of paint hardener,
- store at : 5 ÷ 35°C,
- apply at : 15 ÷ 35°C and relative humidity below 75%,
- painted substrate temperature : 15 ÷ 35°C ( at least 3°C above the dew point ),
- drying time, at the substrate temperature of 20°C and relative humidity 65% (by lowering the temperature and humidity increase of drying time is extended ) :
- touch Dry : approximately 1 hour.,
- foot traffic : after 24 hours.,
- full cure : after 7 days,
- waiting time before painting after mixing with the hardener (at 20°C): 30 minutes,
- time suitability for use after a waiting time (at 20 ° C ): approx 2 hours.
- recommended number of layers: 2-3,
- yield: 6-8 m2 / l,
- paint density : about 1.4 g/cm3,
- non-volatile content of 45 ± 1 % vol.
- wet film thickness : 110-130 microns,
- dry film thickness of 50-60 microns,
- cleaning tools (until curinge ) - water,
- Hygienic Certificate,
- standard: PN-C- 81907 : 2003,
- 12 months warranty from date of manufacture ( in original undamaged packing )
- package : 5 liters and 0.7 liters.
The colors dark yellow and walnut are only available for orders above 100 liters